PLEASE READ ALL CONTENT BEFORE COMPLETING APPLICATION BELOW
ALL documentation must be received by June 30th, 2016. Incomplete applications will NOT be accepted. (Please contact CHF regarding any documentation concerns prior to the deadline.)
An applicant for the CHF Scholarship Program must be:
§ An original shareholder or lineal descendant (by birth or adoption) of an original shareholder of the Chugach Alaska Corporation (CAC)
As a lineal descendant you must register with the CAC Shareholder Services Department. Please see page 4, section G, for details.
- Enrolled in an accredited college, university, or have received acceptance for admission to such program at the Graduate level.
- Be admitted into a Graduate program or have a 3.0 GPA if you have completed at least one term under a graduate program.
COMPLETE APPLICATION PACKETS MUST INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
£ Completed and signed application
£ Official transcripts
£ Class schedule (to include credit hours and be signed by your academic advisor)
£ Degree Planning Sheet (must show all courses required to graduate)
Graduate Funding will be based on full-time status as determined by your school. For those students attending at less than full-time status, their award will be pro-rated to the appropriate level.
Maximum Award per Academic Year
Maximum Award per Semester
Maximum Award per Quarter
Graduate Level Funding
Use of Funds. I understand that the proceeds of the scholarship, if approved, will be used to further my education in the degree program where I am enrolled and for the period of time indicated in the guidelines as approved by the Foundation. You will be funded up to full-time status determined by the registration form you provide.
- Scholarship checks are issued to the school on behalf of the student.
- Any scholarship funds remaining after tuition, books, and fees have been paid will be issued to the student from the school for associated living and educational costs while attending school.
- Funding for subsequent terms will not be issued until student submits an unofficial transcript showing successful completion of previous term’s course work, and a class schedule (to include credit hours and be signed by your academic advisor) for the following term.
- Upon receipt of completed application packet a check will be issued to the school. Please allow two to three weeks for your scholarship award to be processed once ALL required documentation has been received.
- Applicants will be awarded based on their academic excellence, community involvement, and leadership qualities.
- Preference is given to individuals who have not yet earned a Master’s Graduate degree.
Grade Transcripts. I understand that immediately upon completion of the semester or term, I shall submit an unofficial copy of my transcript, to the Chugach Heritage Foundation to verify completion of the courses of study for which the award was made. Funding for any subsequent term will be forfeited if the class schedule and transcripts are not received within 4 weeks after the term begins.
Successful Completion of CHF Funded Course Work:
By accepting scholarship funding the student agrees to successfully complete all courses for which funding is provided. Successful completion is defined by earning a minimum “C” grade for each course funded by CHF.
Failure to meet this obligation will place the student’s scholarship for the following term on hold, and funding for the next term may be forfeited. The student will be required to reapply under the competitive graduate process for the next award cycle.
It is up the student to promptly notify the CHF office should the above completion requirements not be met. Failure to do so could lead to severe delays in the student’s scholarship award process, and/or their award may be forfeited for the term.
CAC Descendant Registration:
If lineal descendant of Original CAC Shareholder, applicant must complete the descendant registration form at www.chugach.com under Shareholders click Descendant Registration. Please contact Shareholder Services (907-563-8866) with any questions regarding the registration process.
Notes: For applicants who have already submitted their birth certificates and/or CDIB with CHF, you do not need to submit another copy with the Descendant Registration form. Once applicants have completed their registration, they will not need to complete this process again with future scholarship applications.