PLEASE READ ALL CONTENT BEFORE COMPLETING APPLICATION BELOW
There are no deadlines for vocational scholarships; however, all required documentation must be received before the scheduled program/training start date. Please allow for scholarship applications to be processed and awarded to the school, which may take up to three weeks.
An applicant for the CHF Scholarship Program must be:
- An original shareholder or lineal descendant (by birth or adoption) of an original shareholder of the Chugach Alaska Corporation (CAC).
- As a lineal descendant you must register with the CAC Shareholder Services Department. Please see page 3, section F, for details.
COMPLETE APPLICATION PACKETS MUST INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
£ Completed and signed application
£ Verification of registration of vocational/training program (must include dates registered and total cost)
£ Copy of license/certificate/official transcripts (only if applicant has previously received CHF Vocational and/or College Scholarship funding)
£ If a lineal descendant, must have complete Descendant Registration on file with CAC Shareholder Services (if not already completed, please see page 3, section F, for details)
Vocational Training funding is limited to $4,200 per calendar year. This funding will be awarded to students registered for training that will broaden their employment opportunities or maintain their skill level. For example: HAZWOPER certification or any classes required to maintain job-related licenses.
Use of Funds. I understand that the proceeds of the scholarship, if approved, will be used to complete the program for which I am registered.
§ Scholarship checks are issued to the school on behalf of the student.
§ Upon of receipt of completed application packet a check will be issued the school.
§ Please allow two to three weeks for your scholarship award to be processed once ALL required documentation has been received.
Successful Completion of CHF Funded Vocational Program:
By accepting scholarship funding, the student agrees to successfully complete the vocational/certificate program requirements for which funding is provided. Failure to meet this obligation will place the recipient’s scholarship on hold.
Holds may be released by one of the following options –
1) Contact the Scholarship Manager to request placement on probationary status during which CHF funding will continue. Student must submit in writing (email or hard copy) a minimum 1 page explanation of the circumstance(s) which resulted in failure to meet obligations. The Scholarship Manager will then make a decision regarding award of probationary status.
2) Repayment to CHF the portion of funding associated with any unsuccessfully completed course work.
3) Use student’s own funding to successfully complete the CHF funded course deficiency.
It is up the student to promptly notify the CHF office should the above completion requirements not be met. Failure to do so could lead to severe delays in the student’s scholarship award process, and/or their award may be forfeited.
CAC Descendant Registration:
If lineal descendant of Original CAC Shareholder, applicant must complete the descendant registration form at www.chugach.com under Shareholders click Descendant Registration. Please contact Shareholder Services (907-563-8866) with any questions regarding the registration process.
Notes: For applicants who have already submitted their birth certificates and/or CDIB with CHF, you do not need to submit another copy with the Descendant Registration form. Once applicants have completed their registration, they will not need to complete this process again with future scholarship applications.